Sunday, April 12, 2015

Gaining More Than I Lose

Hello everyone!

So today I wanted to talk about what happens when you hit a wall on your weightless journey. The first few months with weight watchers were a complete breeze for me. When you have a significant amount of weight to lose the first 30 pounds tend to fall right off. Then you have the momentum from the initial loss to get you through another 15-20 pounds. That is where I started to struggle. Right at my 45 pound mark I got lazy. I slacked on my exercising and didn't track my points like I should have been. I had all the tools right at my finger tips and I just didn't use them. After hovering at my 45 pound mark for three months, I decided enough was enough and I had to keep pushing. I joined a gym that had just opened next to my house, signed up for personal training (which I have always been extremely intimidated by) and broke my plateau. Putting in the harder work has made me feel so incredibly good. My trainer pushes me to do things I didn't know my body was capable of and it is extremely rewarding. Weight training has started to shape some of my body and that is never a bad thing. I still have so long to go but  I am happy with the small changes I have made. So my tip is when you find yourself getting bored with whatever routine you have become accustomed to, switch it up. Try a new workout DVD or get outside and go for a walk. Don't be afraid to try something new!

Another small thing that helped me to push forward when I got lazy was to compare pictures of myself from before I started losing weight to current pictures of myself. You don't really appreciate your progress until you look at how far you've come in pictures. When you see yourself in the mirror everyday it's hard to notice the changes you're making. I still see a much bigger girl when I look at myself because I was used to staring at her for years. I know one day I'll be able to see myself more accurately but for right now I will keep relying on my pictures!



The last little tip I have for breaking out of a rut is following some motivational people on social media. I love reading about their stories and seeing how they overcame their own obstacles. The extra support you'll get back will only make you work harder!

The most important thing to keep telling yourself is that no matter how hard the weight loss gets, you have to keep pushing forward. Nothing is harder than putting all your weight back on and starting from square one. I have done that too many times to count and it will not be happening again. I will get back up every time I slip off or have a bad day. I will not stop until I am happy and healthy!

Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing!! Keep up the great work my buddy!!! SO glad you're a part of our group! <3

    ReplyDelete